Hit Refresh: The Quest to Rediscover Microsoft’s Soul and Imagine a Better Future for Everyone
Business biographies are usually written only long after an event has occurred or a person has retired. On the contrary, this book’s narrative distinctively stands out because it deals with the present and future too. It is a prose of prognostication and a statement on record for the future to judge.
The book is divided into the past, the present and the future. I loved the past and the present!
Key take aways are:
- Unlike Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer, Steve Jobs or as a matter of fact any contemporary business greats, the motivation for Satya Nadella to go out everyday is more personal and empathetic in nature. This is where the first part of the book grips the reader.
- An outsider’s fresh view point in the way things happen in the company
- Not allowing the past to haunt you in the present, which takes guts. (Apple Vs Microsoft)
- The philosophy of “hit-refresh” in itself will keep you busy pondering.
- Removing “yet another corporate propaganda” parts from the book will let you glimpse the personality of a Man who is leading a $85 billion company.