Tools of the Trade
The following are the tools and applications that helps me get the job done; both personally and professionally(photography, video and design)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- Dell 21.5 inch (54.6 cm) Ultra Thin Bezel LED Monitor
- Bose QuietControl 30, Noise cancellation headphones
- Nikon D750 FX
- Nikon D3100 DX
- Canonet 35mm film
- Nikon F65 35mm film
- Yashica FX3 super 35mm film
- iPhone SE
- Godox AD600B(studio light)
- Godox V860 N(camera flash) * 2
- Zhiyun crane 2
- DJI Osmo Mobile 2
- iPad mini 2 - 20% of my reading happens here with iBooks & Kindle app for iPad.
- Photoshop CC
- Lightroom CC
- GIMP - for quick, lightweight photo edits.
- Inkscape - vector design
- Sketch - design
- Final cut pro
- Handbrake video transcoder
- Apple Keynote
Writing & Research
- Ulysses - Notemaking
- LaTeX - for documentation
- Brother 220 manual typewriter
- Ember(now discontinued) - Capture screenshots, videos, and organize them under tags(visual research)
- The Wayback machine lets you capture web pages and store it as an archive for reference and sharing.
- Both Ember and The Wayback Machine are my humble attempt to try Zettelkasten.
- Omnifocus - To-do list
- Rescuetime - Productivity tracker
- Freedom - distraction(social media) blocker.
- Keychain - password management
- A private phpBB forum for internal communication, project management, and knowledge wiki.— One place for discussions & decisions.
- Amazon drive - Backup for: personal projects, and photos on the iPhone
- AWS S3 - Backup for professional projects
- Squarespace CMS. This website and fridaymatinee studio are hosted there.
- Garmin Forerunner 15 GPS watch.
- Smashrun - Training and running intelligence integrated with Garmin Connect.
- Apple Music
- Panasonic Bahadur AM | FM radio - I live alone and gets too lonely in the mornings. Most of the time it is for just the white noise.
- GPO vinyl record player
- Panasonic KX-TG1612 Cordless Phone - Landline for work-related communications.
- Google Chrome
- Tor - with duckduckgo; for ads-blocked privacy conscious browsing. Mostly used during focused research.