Two reasons why I instantly loved this book:
- A fan of Murakami’s writings.
- A student of music.
The book is a collection of transcribed conversations between writer Haruki Murakami and conductor Seiji Ozawa.
The book is replete with nuggets of wisdom on topics like,
- What is it like to be a musician?
- How to be a life long student of music or any art form?
- Practice, discipline and focus.
- How to listen to music? The lost art of active listening to music.(as opposed to passive listening in the “instant”, “same-day-delivery” and busy world we are a part of.)
- A great introduction to classical music for beginners.
- Anecdotes of eccentricities.
- Brilliance of Murakami and Seiji Ozawa.
List of books read this year